Scandit delivers high performance mobile solutions for smartphones, tablets and wearables, designed to transform consumer engagement and operational efficiency for today’s forward-looking enterprises. Scandit solutions are built on its patented software-based barcode scanner and are used in a variety of industries including retail, manufacturing and logistics. With nearly 20,000 licensees in more than 100 countries, Scandit processes more than 200 million scans per year and develops enterprise-grade solutions for many of the world’s most prestigious brands including Ahold, Coop, Homeplus (Tesco), NASA, Saks Fifth Avenue and Verizon. Founded in 2009 by a group of researchers from MIT, ETH Zurich and IBM Research, today Scandit and its network of global integration and technology partners are pushing the boundaries of mobile AIDC (automatic identification and data capture), delivering groundbreaking identification and data capture applications to customers. For more information visit www.scandit.com.
Scandit was founded in 2009 by a group of researchers from MIT, ETH Zurich and IBM Research. The company is headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and is also represented in San Francisco and Boston. Over the years our company has evolved into a world-class team of mobile image processing, cloud-computing and “Internet of Things” experts from around the globe. We’ve developed a culture of thought leadership and innovation that perpetually aims to break new ground in the mobile AIDC space.
Awards and Recognition
- November 2012 – Third place ‘Prix Strategis 2012’ – Prix L’Entrepreneuriat by HEC Lausanne
- October 2012 – G-Startup Competition Growth Stage Winner – GMIC Silicon Valley
- October 2012 – Named #61 of Top 100 Startups in Switzerland – Startup.ch
- July 2012 – Finalist for ‘Consumer Product of the Year’ – 2012 Mass Technology Leadership Awards
- January 2012 – Dragons Den Competition Winner – Swiss Mobile Basecamp
- September 2011 – 1st Place in Nokia’s “Calling All Innovators” Contest
- February 2011 – ACES Fast Start Award – Science|Business
- October 2010 – US Market Entry Camp Particpant – Swissnex
- June 2010 – Venture Leaders 2010
- March to October 2009 – Winner Venture Kick I, II and II