Scandit is the leading platform to maximize operational performance and drive new revenue streams via enterprise-grade barcode scanning, OCR and data capture software for smartphones, tablets and wearable devices across the retail, manufacturing and logistics industries. With over 12,000 licensees in over 80 countries, Scandit is the mobile scan platform of choice for many of the world’s most prestigious brands including Ahold, Saks 5th Avenue, Capital One, Homeplus (Tesco), Nasa, Bayer and Coop, empowering a wide variety of consumer and employee-facing use cases ranging from self-scanning, mobile shopping and mobile point of sale to inventory management and asset tracking. Through its powerful network of global integration and technology partners, including some of the most innovative app developers and system integrators with deep vertical competencies, Scandit strives to delivers high-quality identification and data capture applications to its customers. We also work closely with standards bodies and industry organizations such as GS1, the global barcode standardization organization, which has endorsed Scandit as its preferred mobile scan technology.
Scandit was founded in 2009 by a group of researchers from MIT, ETH Zurich and IBM Research. The company is headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and is also represented in San Francisco and Boston. Over the years our company has evolved into a world-class team of mobile image processing, cloud-computing and “Internet of Things” experts from around the globe. We’ve developed a culture of thought leadership and innovation that perpetually aims to break new ground in the mobile AIDC space.
Awards and Recognition
- November 2012 – Third place ‘Prix Strategis 2012’ – Prix L’Entrepreneuriat by HEC Lausanne
- October 2012 – G-Startup Competition Growth Stage Winner – GMIC Silicon Valley
- October 2012 – Named #61 of Top 100 Startups in Switzerland – Startup.ch
- July 2012 – Finalist for ‘Consumer Product of the Year’ – 2012 Mass Technology Leadership Awards
- January 2012 – Dragons Den Competition Winner – Swiss Mobile Basecamp
- September 2011 – 1st Place in Nokia’s “Calling All Innovators” Contest
- February 2011 – ACES Fast Start Award – Science|Business
- October 2010 – US Market Entry Camp Particpant – Swissnex
- June 2010 – Venture Leaders 2010
- March to October 2009 – Winner Venture Kick I, II and II