Scandit Flow 2.1 Includes Annotation API, Web Wedge Upgrades, and Voice Recording
Scandit has released Scandit Flow 2.1, the newest version of our Flow platform for iOS and Android. The latest update includes the following noteworthy improvements.
New Annotation API
Draw on captured or existing image files. The Annotation API enables a number of new features. Examples include:
- Damage reporting during receiving or proof of delivery (PoD) process
- Marking damaged areas on schematics of vehicles or equipment
- Highlighting or signing on captured order forms or shipment bills of lading (BOL)
Watch this video to see the new Annotation feature in action.
Bundled Cordova Plugins
Scandit Flow now comes with all core Cordova plugins bundled. This gives developers immediate access to all native device features, like the accelerometer, information on network status, or trigger vibrations. Click here for a complete list of bundled plugins.
Source Code Templates
Experience what’s possible with Scandit Flow by checking out common data capture workflows such as stock taking, shipping and receiving, order picking, order entry, and many more. Scandit Flow demos can be made available as source code templates to accelerate development of your own workflows.
Web Wedge Upgrades
Enable scanning into any Web form. Package your Web app inside of the Scandit Flow container app. With improvements, Web Wedge now offers Scandit Case support and better browser navigations.
Watch this video to learn more.
- Voice Recording: Enable your workforce to capture quick voice memos on the go, without typing
- Improved support for the Scandit Case: Configure which users are using the Scandit Case from the Flow dashboard or allow them to enable case mode themselves
- Upgraded Scandit Barcode Engine to SDK to 5.3: Improved PDF417 support and more performance improvements
- Various API Improvements: Activities have access to branding (logo, color) options, support for binary data in barcodes
Sign into your Scandit account to update your mobile application to harness the unparalleled performance of Flow 2.1. If you haven’t experienced the performance of Scandit, sign up for a 30-day trial of Scandit Flow today.