Mobile World Congress Survival Guide 2014
It’s just a couple of weeks until Mobile World Congress kicks off in Barcelona! If you’ll be in town for MWC, be sure to visit our booth in hall 8.1 booth K73.
We wanted to share a few tips and tricks with you before your journey to Barcelona:
– Use the Hashtag: #MWC14
– Get the GSMA App and register for MyMWC.
– Pick Up Your Pass Early: We recommend picking up your pass from the airport upon arrival, or early at the Gran Fira.
– Scout the Exhibitor List: To make the most of your time in Barcelona, be sure to check out the exhibitor list and plan out the companies you wish to visit in advance.
– Consider Biking: If you’re sick of taxis or the metro, check out City Bikes.
– Beware of Pickpockets: Barcelona is known for it’s pickpockets. Always stay alert, especially when getting on and off the Metro and when on La Rambla. It’s also a good idea to hide your conference pass when you leave the venue.
– Get a SIM Card and Phone Plan: The Vodafone Yu – Smart 16 Plan is €25 and comes with a SIM card, 1.5GB of data, 100 min of calling, and unlimited SMS. These can be picked up any day (except Sunday) from the Vodafone store at 36, Portal de l’Angel, near Placa Catalunya, or the Vodafone kiosk outside the Carrefour in the giant Granvia 2 shopping mall opposite the South Entrance of the Convention Center.
– Get a Mobile Hotspot: Mobile hotspots can be purchased in advance from XCom Global, or you can reserve a hotspot through Wifivox to be picked up in town.
Stay tuned for our MWC Party guide coming soon!