New Scandit Barcode Scanner SDK for iOS!
Today we have some great news!
After months of hard work, we’re excited to release our brand new Barcode Scanner SDK for iOS (version 3.0.0). This major release incorporates our biggest and most important improvements to date and, for the first time, brings enterprise-grade barcode scanning to smartphones and tablet devices. The new SDK has amazing full-screen scanning capabilities, scans all major barcodes and works even at extremely skewed, pitched and tilted angles (including 360° scanning!). Topped off with a slick, new scan screen, it offers a phenomenal user experience.
Check out some of the new features:
– New scan UI with amazing full-screen scanning capabilities
– Significantly improved scan speed, accuracy and robustness
– 360° (tilted) scanning and scanning with extreme pitch and skew
– Even better blurry barcode scanning
– Flexible UI customization (Enterprise / paid Consumer plans only)
– PDF417 (beta) support (enterprise premium only)
– MSI Plessey support (enterprise premium only)
– Improved autofocus management
– Minor bug fixes
Our SDK now makes it possible to use smartphone-based scanners as a cost-effective and reliable alternative to traditional handheld scanners in both heavy-duty and occasional scanning scenarios. With this release, we thus aim to redefine mobile data capture for the enterprise and look forward to enabling an even larger number of employee-facing and consumer-facing use cases.
The Android release will be made available in the next few weeks, along with a new PhoneGap plugin and Titanium module.