CODE 32 Italian Pharmacode
- It encodes numeric data in a compressed format by using the Code 39 – Regular character set.
- The symbol comprises the following elements:
- Eight symbol characters that represent numeric digits
- Check digit
- If fewer than eight characters are specified, padding characters are added.
- Code 32 uses five bars and four spaces to encode each character. Three of the elements are wide, and the other six are narrow.
- This symbology supports the following alphanumeric characters:
- All numeric digits (0-9)
- All uppercase letters except for A, E, I, and O
- The Code 32 human readable interpretation begins with the ASCII character “A”. This character is not encoded into the barcode.
- Code 32 uses a check digit that is based on the modulo 10 (mod 10) algorithm.