Micro QR codes take up much less space than traditional QR codes. They can only handle 35 characters but you can easily fit them on your business card, website or a small product tag.
Standards: ISO/IEC 18004, JIS X 0510, ITS – QR Code, AIM ISS – QR Code.
Data and Options:
- The data field can contain any extended ASCII data. The default interpretation of data by readers is in accordance with ISO/IEC 8859-1.
- An appropriate size will be selected to work around the following restrictions:
- An M1 symbol is only compatible with numeric data.
- An M2 symbol is only compatible with alphanumeric data.
- When the parse option is specified, any instances of ^NNN in the data field are replaced with their equivalent ASCII value, useful for specifying unprintable characters.
- The version option is used to specify the size of the symbol, either version=M1, version=M2, version=M3 or version=M4.
- The eclevel option is used to specify the error correction level:
- eclevel=L – Low (default)
- eclevel=M – Medium; Not compatible with M1 symbols
- eclevel=Q – Quality; Only compatible with M4 symbols
- If unspecified the encoder will select the version of the symbol that is the minimum size to represent the given data at the selected error correction level