- Mostly used in logistics to encode application specific identifiers.
- The standard version can encode numbers 0-9, capital letters A-Z, symbols -.$/+% and space.
- Supports variable length data content.
- Narrow to wide bar ratios from 1:2 up to 1:3 are supported. 1:2.5 is recommended.
- By default no checksum is verified.
- It has been standardised under ISO/IEC 16388.
- An optional mod43 checksum can be enforced.
- All ASCII characters including control characters encoding support can be enabled.