Simplifying Salon Management with Smartphone Scanning App
With Scandit’s enterprise-grade barcode and text scanning integrated into their app, Wavy offers beauty professionals a fast and streamlined way of managing salons – right from stock control to point of sale transactions.
Stock management is critical to our customers and Scandit’s scanning system has played a huge part in the success of our application.Clément Moreno, CEO, Wavy
Develop a dedicated scan-enabled beauty salon app
Wavy is a French software provider catering to beauty professionals. It supports hair and beauty salons with a smartphone and web-based app for managing customers, communications and mobile point of sale transactions (mPOS).
The app is NF525-certified and complies with French law for payment transactions. The company also delivers a digital toolkit covering booking management and digital communications. However, Wavy was keen to help their app users:
- Including hairdressers, barbers and beauticians grow their customer base, whilst retaining existing customers.
- By simplifying tracking of significant and dynamic, daily stock levels.
To achieve this, they needed a high performance barcode scanning solution. So that customers could use the Wavy app more efficiently, for logistics and stock management on their mobile devices – without the need for single function, conventional handheld scanners.
Apply a robust, reliable barcode and text scanning app
Wavy needed to find high performing scanning technology that could be directly integrated into their app. They found that the Scandit Barcode Scanner SDK was straightforward to integrate and delivered the enterprise-grade barcode and text scanning capabilities they were looking for – making it the obvious choice.
Our application is aiming to modernize and facilitate stock management, and we needed to choose a powerful scanning engine with a guaranteed “wow factor” that would help enhance the user experience.Abel Chalier, CTO, Wavy
Scandit’s software enables users to scan individual products and instantly retrieve the necessary data directly on a smart device. Wavy app users frequently use the barcode scanning feature in two typical scenarios:
- Scanning barcodes on products when receiving them at the salon, to initiate monthly restocking.
- Scanning barcodes when a service or product is sold to a customer.
Wavy’s users trade in their conventional handheld scanner for an iPad provided by Wavy, or they can choose to use their own smartphone. From order tracking to receipt of stock and schedule management, the Wavy app delivers the increasingly digitised experience that beauty professionals are seeking – a digital transformation that is now part of Wavy’s DNA.
- customers use Scandit’s barcode scanner
- Items scanned through the app
- smart device models supported
Swift and seamless salon stock management and sales transactions
The number of Wavy users has grown significantly after the Scandit-powered inventory management and mPOS solutions were included as key app features.
- Wavy make salon stock management and point of sale transactions fast, compliant and simple for 3,500 customers across France.
- Over 1 million items have been scanned in the Wavy app powered by Scandit.
- Salons can use the Wavy app on their own smartphones, and Scandit scanning software supports over 20,000 different smart device models.
To stand out in their market, Wavy highlights the quality and efficiency of its application – a turnkey service that enhances the customer experience. With the pressures beauty and hair professionals work under, Scandit’s barcode scanning app offers a reliable and accurate solution.
Helping salons to stand out from the crowd
- Wavy’s users were hooked with the app’s uniquely accessible user-friendly interface.
- Customers love the scope of the database that the app offers, with exhaustive catalogue listings.
- The responsiveness of the scanning is a major asset, as is the flexibility to use a Wavy-provided iPad, or their own smartphone.