- Designed to tolerate missing, extra or poorly-placed dots without sacrificing reading integrity.
- The symbology is intended for industrial, high-speed marking with ink-jet or laser.
- This variable size, dot matrix symbology encodes data in an array of nominally disconnected dots arranged within a regular grid of possible locations.
- The overall symbol shape is adjustable, rectangular to nearly square shaped symbols are possible.
- The symbol size is theoretically unlimited but practically limited to approximately 124 modules (lines/columns).
- Standard code page is Latin 1.
- Ready for GS1 applications and suitable for encoding application identifiers (AIs).