Scandit mobile scanning app to assist healthcare and public service workers administer COVID-19 testing.
Scandit has developed a mobile app to capture patient ID and clinical specimen data, quickly and safely. This free app is available for download now, can be deployed immediately and its benefits include the following:
- No integration or setup is needed.
- It assists with the field testing process anywhere, including tents and drive-throughs, where speed, accuracy and safety are primary concerns.
- Healthcare workers can scan patient ID documents and barcodes on test samples with any smart device, without physical contact.
- No manual data entry is required during test administration, captured data can be simply exported.
- The app is HIPPA compliant – no data is kept within the app on the device or shared with Scandit or any 3rd party.
How does the app work?
- Simply download the app for free on any iOS device.
- Select the Patient Data Capture mode in the app.
- Scan patient ID documents (see below for detail).
- Scan the corresponding barcode on the specimen collection tubes.
- Print or export the collected and parsed data instantly.
Built with Scandit proven, enterprise-grade scanning technology, the app:
- Scans ID Documents by combining text recognition and barcode scanning:
- ID cards and Passports with Machine Readable Zones (MRZ)
- US and Canadian driver’s licenses using PDF417 barcode at the back of the license
- Scans specimen collection tube: barcode symbologies supported data Code128, EAN13, QR Code, Micro QR Code, Data Matrix.
- Is HIPPA compliant and doesn’t store or keep any personal information after the scanning process.