Scale-up BOPIS Operations Quickly and Safely
Scandit’s enterprise-grade scanning software integrates easily on everyday smartphones, enabling your employees to fulfil orders directly through their smartphones and customers to pick-up orders safely with contactless proof‑of‑delivery.
Equip Employees with Smartphone Scanning
Amid the COVID-19 crisis, grocers are shifting their focus on stock replenishment and order fulfilment, hiring thousands of temporary workers to meet the huge peak in demand for online groceries.
Equipping them with reliable scanning devices is a challenge. Scandit enables you to scale-up in-store picking by quickly deploying enterprise-grade data capture software on company-owned or on employees’ own smart devices (BYOD). The benefits include:
- Smart devices are easily accessible and lower cost than procuring extra dedicated devices.
- Retail operations can be scaled up (or down), plus employees don’t have to share devices.
- Order fulfillment is faster with high‑performance scanning.
Extra Technical Support to Help Integrate Scanning at Speed
We’re offering expert technical support to help retailers deploy the right solution to urgently meet the increase in e-commerce demand. Our solution consultants are ready to work with your IT teams to rapidly migrate to a smartphone-based camera solution.
Are you a developer?
Whatever Device Deployment Strategy You Have in Place, We Can Help.
In a BYOD (bring your own device) scenario:
- How to secure data on BYOD devices?
- How to best migrate your existing app to camera-based scanning to accelerate deployment?
Read how Instacart deployed fast, reliable BYOD scanning
In a COPE (company-owned, personally-enabled) scenario:
- How to configure the smartphone devices, i.e. how to integrate them into an MDM landscape?
- Decide which integration approach is most suitable for you: Use a Keyboard Wedge Barcode Scanner approach or integrate a Barcode Scanner SDK into your app to migrate to camera-based scanning?
Learn how Auchan deployed COPE smartphone scanning in their stores
Why Scandit is the Right Solution for You
Scandit technology is already enabling enterprise-grade scanning on more than 20,000 different smartphone models.
We’ve supported many BYOD deployments with best practice guidance and today process around 4 million BYOD scans per day.
Enable Contactless Customer Signature Capture for Pick-Up and Deliveries
With COVID-19, a new priority for grocery retailers is to protect employees and customers, by being able to deliver orders, once picked, safely with social distancing – whether that’s by click & collect, curbside pick-up or home delivery.
If you need customers to sign for a pick-up or delivery, you can do it without customers needing to touch an employee device with Scandit’s Contactless Proof of Delivery Web App, free for use until September 30, 2020.
Let’s talk, we’re here to help
Explore More Resources
Instacart - Case Study
Learn how personal shoppers download the Instacart Shopper app onto their BYOD mobile device to accept, pick and deliver customer orders with fast, reliable scanning. The app processes tens of millions of scans monthly on over 1,000 different device models in 15,000 stores across 4,000 cities.