As you might know, 6.0 improved the developer experience with a new API, better documentation and a lot more code samples. With 6.2, there are a number of new things, but there are a few features we want to point out specifically:
Barcode Scanning Improvements
We have further improved our PDF417 decoder performance in the presence of rotations and damaged calibration patterns. We would highly recommend upgrading to 6.2 to benefit from the enhancements if your application reads PDF417 codes in use cases such as US driving license scanning, airline ticket scanning or other logistics use cases where PDF417 codes are used.
Revised Cordova/Phonegap Plugin now available in Production
In the previous release of 6.1, we introduced a new API for our Cordova plugin that follows the 6.0 API philosophy. We kept the API in Beta for all of 6.1 since it was a major change. With the 6.2 release, we will have the first production release of the Cordova 6.x plugin and we are also adding a new API that brings MatrixScan functionality to the Cordova 6.x plugin. (Note: MatrixScan AR functionality will be added in the subsequent 6.3 release).
Read up on how to get started with Cordova/Phonegap with the new 6.x API.
Revised Xamarin Plugin now available in Beta
With the new SDK 6.x major release, we are updating all of our plugins to provide you with an improved API and new features. 6.2 brings the first preview of this effort for Xamarin with the beta release of our new Xamarin plugin. Please note that we will keep the new Xamarin Plugin in Beta until the subsequent 6.3 release.
New Parser features
We added more new features to our parsers – making it easier to decode the data you have scanned with our Barcode Scanner or OCR SDK:
- Our GS1 Parser is a lot more resilient when parsing GS1 codes which don’t follow the standard correctly. You’ll for example still be able to access all the data encoded in the scanned barcode by application identifier even if the length is invalid or the checksum verification failed.
- For ID scanning, we already added parser support in 6.1 for cases where AMVAA Optional Magnetic Stripe standard is used in PDF417 barcodes (as used in British Columbia), with 6.2 we have improved on the MRTD-parser to also validate the country codes of the machine readable zones on documents.
- SwissQR payment parser: Added support for parsing addresses provided in a combined form for 2.0 and 2.1 standards (2.1 and 2.0 are supported since SDK 6.1)
Read about all our changes in our full release notes:
- Release Notes 6.2 iOS
- Release Notes 6.2 Android
- Release Notes 6.2 Cordova
- Release Notes 6.2 Xamarin iOS
- Release Notes 6.2 Xamarin Android
Please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding these changes.