As we all continue to adapt to the new world, at Scandit we haven’t let that distract our focus from driving performance improvements that will help our customers to accomplish even more with our software. Today we are excited to announce the production release of the Scandit Barcode Scanner and OCR SDK 6.3.
6.3 includes a number of new things, but there are a few features we specifically want to point out:
Barcode Scanning Improvements
We have made significant performance improvements for the Samsung XCover Pro, a new rugged but lightweight device Samsung launched in early 2020. We have also added support for IATA 2of5 barcodes used by the International Air Transport Association for the management of airline cargo.
Revised Cordova/Phonegap Plugin
With the 6.3 release, we have added a new API that brings MatrixScan AR functionality to the Cordova 6.x plugin. We have also added the ability to add UI widgets such as buttons to the camera view. This was previously not possible under Cordova.
Read up on how to get started with Cordova/Phonegap with the new 6.x API.
Revised Xamarin Plugin in Beta
With the 6.3 release, we have added a new API that brings MatrixScan AR functionality to the Xamarin 6.x plugin. Please note that we will keep the new Xamarin Plugin in Beta until the subsequent 6.4 release.
We have significantly improved our ID Scanning capabilities with the 6.3 release:
- There is much better performance on machine readable travel documents (MRTD) with a machine readable zone (MRZ), such as national ID cards and passports, by having tighter integration of our OCR capabilities with the parser library (enable ‘allowFalsePositiveCompensation’ to activate this new enhancement)
- New Supported Document Type: We can now read the PDF417 barcodes on the back of US Uniformed Services ID cards and parse its content including the image on it.
Read about all our changes in our full release notes:
- Release Notes 6.3 iOS
- Release Notes 6.3 Android
- Release Notes 6.3 Cordova
- Release Notes 6.3 Xamarin iOS
- Release Notes 6.3 Xamarin Android
Please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions regarding these changes.