Scandit Contactless Proof of Completion Web App Helps with Social Distancing for Customers and Technicians
Scandit has developed this web app in direct response to COVID-19 and the need to find a solution for contactless proof of completion for field service jobs, such as installations and repairs. It enables your customers to continue to safely sign and confirm satisfactory acceptance of the performed work by using their own devices.
The benefits include
- Customers don’t need to touch a technician’s device to sign for installed equipment.
- Proof of completion is maintained to track the acceptance of performed work, support first-time fixed rates and therefore minimize returned visits.
- Integration with existing field service workflows is simple.
- The web app, using Scandit’s Barcode Scanning Web SDK, works in the browser of any device – customers don’t need to download anything.
- The web app is ready to get and go.
How it works
Customers simply scan a QR code, open the web app with the proof of completion functionality, scan the corresponding piece of equipment and sign on their own device to confirm acceptance of the performed work.
The web app is available now for immediate deployment. We are offering it for free until September 30, 2020, to help during the crisis.
Steps to Deploy Quickly:
- Get the reference implementation from GitHub and follow the instructions to deploy.
- Customize the Reference Implementation which includes Scandit’s Web SDK browser-based barcode scanning library and signature capture (i.e. add a company logo and integrate output into your own processes).
- Contact us for a free production licence key to deploy Contactless Proof of Completion during the COVID-19 crisis.
Where more specific customization is required, deploy quickly with the help of our expert team.
Our solution consultants and technical team will work with your IT teams to integrate the Contactless Proof of Completion Web App with existing proof of delivery workflows.
If you have any questions or want to customize the Web App, please contact support here.